Tuesday 28 August 2012

Formation and organisation

After making Facebook page "We Love Books." this book club now has eight members. Members are a combination of Occupational Therapy Students and my own flatmates. Currently, I am trying to coordinate a meeting of the group and to establish what books we will read and when meetings will occur (after consulting group members).
I feel like it is going to be a challenge to accomodate for all members of the group and fitting in around "reading speeds" and availability to meet up during the week or on weekends.
I have done some research around book club discussion topics and discussion questions and feel like there is a wealth of resources that I can draw from. Online, I have found discussion questions specific to a particular book e.g Pillars of the Earth aswell as generic questions that could be applied to most genres.

I am looking forward to getting started on the group and getting into a pattern where all members can contribute and enjoy being a part of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment